Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tigers v Hawks - the rotation begins to take shape

Discussion in the Tiger Tails forum
Tigers v Hawks - the rotation begins to take shape
Last night (26 March) was another loss to the Tigers, this time to a sayonara home run from Matsuda - a useful player Hawks have discovered. Nohmi started for the Tigers and pitched to his potential which is very encouraging. Over 6 innings he gave up only one run and struck out nine batters. Hopefully he can continue.

Hawks started Ohba who was just as good and held the Tigers scoreless until the sixth when he disintergrated suddenly. Hawks scored first in the second, one run off Nohmi but in the sixth Tigers struck back with a run from Sekimoto. The situation was serious for the Hawks but pitching changes and good fielding kept the scores tied. So the match continued until the bottom of the ninth when Mayumi brought Abe on to close. He got the first out but then gave up the solo home run 2-1 Hawks. Even though these are just exhibition games Tigers have lost 7 out of the last eight and the other game was a tie.

Nohmi is likely to make the starting rotation on the back of his good performances along with Fukuhara. Already pencilled in are Andoh, Ishikawa and Kubo. Still up in the air are Shimoyanagi, Iwata and Kanemura. I would like to see Iwata in the starting rotation and Uezono as well. It is time Tigers went with their young pitchers.
Comments
Re: Tigers v Hawks - the rotation begins to take shape
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Mar 27, 2009 1:43 PM ]

Wow, Nohmi might get yet another chance? It seems like he gets a chance every year and by around Golden Week is back in the bullpen or the minors.
I also like the young pitchers and would like to see Iwata, Uezono and/or Ishikawa in the rotation too. Uezono didn't get enough chances last year.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 27, 2009 11:56 PM ]

Kubo or Kubota. I thought that they was going to start him this season.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Mar 29, 2009 7:45 PM | HAN Fan ]

Kubo is the pitcher they recently acquired from Lotte and he is likely to start. There were plans to use Kubota as a starter but he is injured at the moment and will not make the start of the season.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.