Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Cat Burglar

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Cat Burglar
Ichiro just made a slick catch by climbing on the wall about 15 feet high (maybe not so) to rob a homer from Garrett Anderson. #1 play in Baseball Tonight here in the US.

All I've to say is "wow!"
Comments
OT: Note About Subjects
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 3, 2005 7:14 PM | YBS Fan ]

The original subject line for the above was "Call 911." I changed it because 911 is not international. For example, in Japan one would call 110 (yakyu tou ban) for police (including traffic accidents) or 119 for fire or ambulance.

Cat Burglar may not be a better subject. Not having seen the play, I was trying to give the feeling that Ichiro was as nimble as a cat and he robbed the batter, as the report states.

I thought that Rhodes' leaping catch, bouncing off the left-center wall, rattling his head a bit, was a great catch this evening. But that sounds a lot more impressive.
Re: OT: Note About Subjects
[ Author: FrankIsTheMan | Posted: May 4, 2005 12:00 AM ]

Ahhh. I forgot about that. I've lived here for a while, and it did remind me it's 119 in Taiwan also.

If anyone wants to see the video, it's on mlb.com homepage right now, and this is a picture of it on the right. Enjoy it!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.