Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live: Sunday June 5 - Orix vs Hiroshima

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live: Sunday June 5 - Orix vs Hiroshima
I've gotten clearance for another Sunday afternoon game this week. But before we decide on which game to do, let's have a quick look at games we've covered in the past:

March 14 Japan Dreams vs. Foreign Dreams
March 26 - Eagles vs. Marines - Pacific League Opening Day
April 1 - Carp vs. Giants - Central League Opening Day
April 8 - Fighters vs. Marines
April 14 - Swallows vs. BayStars
April 22 - Marines vs. Eagles
April 30 - Dragons vs. BayStars
May 5 - Marines vs. BayStars
May 13 - Hawks vs. Dragons
May 20 - Eagles vs. Carp
May 29 - Tigers vs. Eagles

Below is how many times each team has been covered:
4 Chiba Lotte Marines
4 Tohoku Rakuent Golden Eagles
3 Yokohama BayStars
2 Chunichi Dragons
2 Hiroshima Carp
1 Yomiuri Giants
1 Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters
1 Yakult Swallows
1 Fukuoka Softbank Hawks
1 Hanshin Tigers

That leaves the Seibu Lions and Orix Buffaloes without representation on Pro Yakyu Live yet this season. I'm sure that I'll have the Orix vs. Hiroshima game at Hiroshima Shimin Kyujo in full, while the Yokohama vs. Seibu Game as Seibu Invoice Dome might be on UHF.

So, Orix vs. Hiroshima at 1:30 JST ni kettei!

Please feel free to post your oen messages below. Perhaps some players are reading.

Information on tuning in is in the normal place. If you can and have Skype (free Internet telephony), you can "call in" during the game to "proyakyulive" (without the quotes).

Hope to have you tune in live.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Live: Sunday June 5 - Orix vs Hiroshima
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 5, 2005 12:21 PM | YBS Fan ]

Eng-san had provided a game day package for today's game. This is a great way to follow along with the game. And I find it invaluable for announcing.

Thank you Eng-san for the great work you've done on this. I'm sure others, as well as myself, look forward to more of these in the future.
[ Author: Guest: shinigami | Posted: Jun 5, 2005 4:10 PM ]

If you want to catch live Yakyu, Yahoo! Japan streams all of the Lions' home games at the Seibu Invoice Dome.

Tomorrow Matsuzaka is scheduled to be on the mound.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 5, 2005 5:55 PM | YBS Fan ]

Today's game can be picked up here. I've reduced the bit rate to shrink the 3 hour 20 minute game to half size, 46.5MB. I can't detect any deteriation in quality. In fact, I've increased the volume level on the microphone, which seemed like a problem in the past couple of broadcasts. Please let me know if this sounds better or worse than before. I'm still tweaking my setup.

Enjoy the game.
[ Author: Guest: Tigers Baka | Posted: Jun 5, 2005 8:11 PM ]

Hey Westbaystars-san! Listened to your broadcast today for the first time while watching Hanshin vs. Lotte. Nice work!

I live in Okayama, so despite an unhealthy obsession with the Tigers, I'm always interested in how the Carp are doing.

Great job broadcasting. It's interesting and I like your constant updates regarding other games/standings.

Keep up the good work!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.