Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live! June 17-19

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live! June 17-19
I'm afraid that we may be skipping Pro Yakyu Live this weekend. June 17-19 have been saved for rain outs for inter-league play, but there is nothing scheduled for TV.

Nikkan Sports today says that Yokohama vs. Rakuten at Yokohama Stadium will be on TVK (the local UHF channel) starting at 7:00 pm, an hour into the game. I think I'll pass on this one.

Yakult vs. Lotte, in the game that will clinch a solitare victory of inter-league play for Lotte, or decide if they tie with Softbank, is only on the radio this evening.

So, I'll wait until I get tomorrow's paper to see if either Seibu vs. Yakult at Jingu or Yokohama vs. Rakuten at Miyagi will be televised. Would a partial game be acceptable to you all?
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Live! June 17-19
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 18, 2005 8:14 AM | YBS Fan ]

The BayStars vs. Golden Eagles will be covered in full by Sky A this evening at 6:00 pm JST. That will be the Pro Yakyu Live! Game of the Week this week. Use the "Live!" link above.
Game Day Packet
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 18, 2005 4:51 PM | YBS Fan ]

Eng-san's "Game Day Packet" has arrived and is now available here.

Thank you Eng-san.
Re: Pro Yakyu Live! June 17-19
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 18, 2005 11:34 PM | YBS Fan ]

We had a lengthy rain delay in the middle of the game, but the weather cleared up and the game was played to completion. You can download innings 1-4 1/2 and innings 4 1/2 to 9.

This was the final inter-league game of the season. I know I look forward to more inter-league next season.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.