Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Softbank Puts Lindsay Gulin on Waivers

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Softbank Puts Lindsay Gulin on Waivers
Softbank has placed pitcher Lindsay Gulin on waivers, and he will no longer be with the club after this season. Lindsay posted an 8-3 record last year in his first year in NPB, but this year he never had a chance to pitch for the top team. He currently has a 5-4 record in 13 games with Softbank's farm team, but has an ERA of 6.14 (through September 12). Lindsay stated, "If possible I'd like to wear a Hawks uniform next year as well, but the top team's starting rotation is already set, and it's difficult for me to have a spot. I'd like to continue playing in Japan."

The Nishinippon Sports is reporting that Yokohama is intersted in acquiring him, and that Yokohama will reportedly send an official to observe his start against Orix' farm team on September 17th.

[Original Article from The Nishinippon Sports via Yahoo! Japan Sports (in Japanese)]
Comments
Re: Softbank Puts Lindsay Gulin on Waivers
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Sep 14, 2005 12:36 AM ]

The Eagles should run to get him quick. They desperately need some pitching.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 10:16 AM ]

Why would they want a guy with an ERA over 6 in the minors? Besides, teams cannot sign anyone after June 30.
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Sep 18, 2005 4:46 PM ]

Didn't notice his ERA. My opinion came from a video game I have that showed he had great control. Guess you can't believe everything.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.