Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

WBC Japan vs. NPB Selects

Discussion in the NPB News forum
WBC Japan vs. NPB Selects
Did anyone see the warm up game beween the WBC representatives and the NPB selects? 7-0 win, but all runs scored against Darvish.
Comments
Re: WBC Japan vs. NPB Selects
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Feb 25, 2006 10:31 AM ]

Definitely not what Hillman wanted to see.
[ Author: Something Lions | Posted: Feb 25, 2006 8:55 PM | SL Fan ]

Well, Darvish still has a month to prepare for the regular season, so I don't think there's too much worry there. Whereas Japan needs to really get cranking for the WBC Asia qualifier round in one week.

Matsuzaka was not even close to being on form in today's start. His next outing will be in the WBC, so he needs to get ready fast.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 25, 2006 5:09 PM | CLM Fan ]

I find it disturbing how Darvish isn't even mentioned in any articles I've found.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 25, 2006 9:39 PM ]

Is Yu Darvish mixed Japanese?
[ Author: Something Lions | Posted: Feb 26, 2006 12:47 PM | SL Fan ]

His father is an Iranian, he used to play football (soccer) at a pretty high level if I remember correctly. I haven't seen any comprehensive articles, so I'm not too surprised there isn't much mention of any of the NPB Selects players and just the focus on Team Japan.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.