Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yamada fired, Hara should be Fired?

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Yamada fired, Hara should be Fired?
I heard that Yamada had been fired this week.

Will Hara follow Yamada?
Comments
Re: Yamada fired, Hara should be Fired?
[ Author: Guest: Suraj Rupani | Posted: Sep 12, 2003 2:48 PM ]

Highly doubtful. Giants don't like to fire their former icons. Plus, the Giants have been using the "everyone's injured" excuse all season.

Today's paper did say that the Giants are replacing Katori Head Coach with Sudoh head coach. Sudoh was the head coach under Nagashima, as well as under Higashio with the Lions for a few years. Because, you know, the Head Coach determines how well teams play.
[ Author: Guest: UMASS | Posted: Sep 20, 2003 3:07 PM ]

The Hanshin Tigers Page has a related comment about Hara-kantouku:
With Yomiuri looking at a possible fifth-place finish and rumors swirling that manager Tatsunori Hara's job could be in jeopardy if the team is swept in the three-game series, the Giants offered little resistance as the Tigers jumped out to a 3-0 lead after three innings.
[ Author: princess-sos | Posted: Sep 28, 2003 11:39 PM ]

Hara resigned. He will be replaced by Horiuchi. I heard a rumor that Yomiuri may ask Etoh to step down as well.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.