Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Giants to Go After Daimajin?

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Giants to Go After Daimajin?
Hello. How much truth is in this article [SpoNichi - Japanese]? I don't really see the Mariners letting Sasaki go, and I am not sure if Sasaki even wants to go back to Japan. But what are the comments of the experts here? Thanks.
Comments
Re: Giants to Go After Daimajin?
[ Author: Guest: update | Posted: Jan 20, 2004 9:43 AM ]

Wow! Can you say conspiracy?!
[ Author: Guest: CPBL | Posted: Jan 20, 2004 1:39 PM ]

Sasaki says he wants to go back to Japan to be with his family and he is willing to forfeit the last year of his two-year, $16 million contract. Sasaki's wife, Kaori, and their two children, Reina and Shogo, live in Tokyo.

One report out of Tokyo mentioned that Sasaki might sign with the Giants. But for that to happen, he must clear Major League waivers.

The Mariners are deep. They have Eddie Guardado, Rafael Soriano, and Shigetoshi Hasegawa as potential closers.

[Admin: See also this thread.]
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jan 21, 2004 5:36 AM ]

It's been mentioned for quite some time that Sasaki wanted to return to Japan.
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: Jan 22, 2004 5:20 AM | HT Fan ]

Sasaki commented a week or two ago that if he ever came back to Japan, he would play for Yokohama. However, he made that comment at a talk show event with Uehara of the Giants, so there may be a few lines to read between.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.