Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Iwamura A Perfect 10-0!

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Iwamura A Perfect 10-0!
Can you believe this? Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes' pitcher Hisashi Iwamura is a perfect 10-0. Nevermind Roger Clemens and his 9-0 mark! In 12 games, the 23 year old Iwamura sports a 1.96 ERA and has already accumulated 101.0 innings. He has scattered just 80 hits and has struck out 78 batters.

Barring anything unforeseen, Iwamura has already wrapped up the Sawamura Award for this season as far as I am concerned. He was named the monthly MVP in both April and May.
Comments
Re: Iwamura A Perfect 10-0!
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Jun 13, 2004 2:09 PM | YAK Fan ]

Don't you mean Hisashi Iwakuma? I'm pretty sure that's the guy you're talking about.

Yes, he is kicking some butt and taking names isn't he? He tied the club records for consecutive wins from opening day, and I hope he can break it. I also hope that he gets the start for the first All Star game!
Iwakura A Perfect 10-0!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 13, 2004 5:41 PM ]

Just a small correction, its Iwakuma, not Iwamura!
Streak Ends at 12
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 22, 2004 9:03 AM ]

The Chiba Lotte Marines' ended Iwakuma's winning streak at 12 games from the start of the season. [Link - Japan Times]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.