Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tokyo Giants Tryout

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Tokyo Giants Tryout
I was watching the game tonight (Sep. 1st). And the Giants are having open tryouts on two occasions this month. The first is next week in Osaka, and the next one, which I probably will attend, is on the 23rd of this month. They announced it between the innings, my wife caught it for me. So, if any of you are any good or have some U.S. experience, I would suggest getting more info. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? So, gambatte,/i> to all, see you!
Comments
Re: Tokyo Giants Tryout
[ Author: Guest: Flynn | Posted: Sep 3, 2004 3:43 PM ]

Time to pull out that 130 km/h heater.

Oh well, I do have a good curve and I throw the fork, so I bet I'll endear myself to them pretty quickly.

[ Author: bouton-kun | Posted: Sep 8, 2004 6:55 PM ]

Dear Guest,

We are all a bit surprised over here that the Giants are having an open try-out. Apparently they do this kind of thing. A friend of mine would like to attend but has no clue about when and where it will be held and where to apply. Could you shed some light on this? It would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

bouton-kun
[ Author: Guest: Guest | Posted: Sep 9, 2004 8:14 PM ]

Well, my friend, if you don't speak, read, or write in Japanese, may I suggest you get someone who does. You can check the Giants' home page (which is in Japanese) and all the information pertaining this tryout there. Also, you have to send a postcard with your personal attributes such as; height [in cm], weight [in kg], etc. Also, the cut off age is 22 years old, but I sent my stats and they told me to come anyway. So, take a chance.

Good luck. Again, you might want to do this quickly because the tryout is on the 23rd of this month, near Tokyo! Gamatte!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.