Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Petagine Moving to Hanshin

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Petagine Moving to Hanshin
Has anyone else heard this rumor about Petagine going to Hanshin? I guess that would spell the end for Arias as I think they will prefer Sekimoto at third.

[Moved from "Open Talk" on September 5, 2004 10:06 AM, JST]
Comments
Re: Petagine Moving to Hanshin
[ Author: Guest: Tigers Baka | Posted: Sep 5, 2004 12:23 AM ]

"Open talk"? Sorry I shouldn't have said "rumour." This is news and should be in the "news" forum, it will happen! Apologies to the administrator but Petagine is going to Hanshin. Tell your friends you heard it here first.
[ Author: Guest: Christopher Amano-Langtree | Posted: Sep 5, 2004 11:24 AM ]

Petagine to Hanshin!? If they think Arias is too expensive then how are they going to afford Petagine? Is he going to take a big pay cut, and if so, what about his knee problems?
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Sep 5, 2004 9:12 PM | YAK Fan ]

I just read that story today over on Yahoo! Japan, but I also read a report the other day that the Tigers would like to go after Tyrone Woods if Yokohama doesn't offer him a new contract.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Sep 7, 2004 4:51 AM ]

- Has anyone else heard this rumor about Petagine going to Hanshin?

I doubt this. Petagine will have to take a big pay cut. I doubt he will want to take a pay cut to play with Hanshin.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.