Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

The Most Expensive Team In Japan

Discussion in the Tiger Tails forum
The Most Expensive Team In Japan
For years the Giants have been the most expensive team in Japan - spending massses of money and causing resentment from other teams fans. But no longer - the most expensive team in Japan is now the Tigers. Thats right. Tigers salary expenses come to 3,500,341,000 yen per year. This is more than the stingy Giants (2,681, 700,000 yen) and way above the Carp (1,424,460,000 yen)and BayStars (1,998,000,000yen). Swallows weigh in at 2,060,900,000 yen and Dragons at 2,271,100,000 yen. As long as the marketing income continues, Tigers can continue to pay well but they do need to win and maintain the brand.

Comments
Re: The Most Expensive Team In Japan
[ Author: Guest: stevesayskanpai | Posted: Apr 29, 2009 10:52 AM ]

Yes, we need to win! Last season will go down in history as the greatest missed opportunity since...well, since a long long time.

This season won't be the same- and maybe being the "underdog" and sneaking up behind the Giants we have a chance...although that's probably my heart ruling my head!
Re: The Most Expensive Team In Japan
[ Author: Guest: zman | Posted: Apr 30, 2009 4:32 AM ]

While the HTs figure is near what Westbay has calculated, see his teams section for team salary amounts, the YG figure quoted above is way off. What Westbay has is nearly double the amount posted, which is more in line with the 2008 YG team salary figure.

So don't worry, the YGs still are the richest team in the NPB and have not given up their attempt to buy the championship. Just like the NYY in the US.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.