Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Nakamura for a Foreign Import?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Nakamura for a Foreign Import?
Does Orix still retain the NPB rights to Nakamura? Theoretically, would it be possible for Nakamura to be "traded" to Yomiuri for Kapler or Rakuten for Minor? It seems like there is an easy solution to struggling players. I'm sure there are union problems involved and the salaries don't match up.
Comments
Re: Nakamura for a Foreign Import?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: May 13, 2005 7:28 AM ]

- Does Orix still retain the NPB rights to Nakamura?

I'm not too sure, but when the Mets signed Komiyama, the BayStars maintained his rights and prevented him from signing with another team. I'm not too sure what the deal is with Nakamura as Orix posted him. I'm interested in what the situation is with Nakamura, and if Orix really does own the rights to him, like the BayStars did with Komiyama?

- I'm sure there are union problems involved and the salaries don't match up.

Gabe Kapler is a 20,600-man yen this year, Minor is making 4,000-man, and Nakamura made 50,000-man last year. So there are major salary differences in the three players. So far Kapler and Minor have struggled making it very unlikely that any team will take on Kapler or Minor. Also, since Nakamura accepted an assignment to AAA Las Vegas, it seems like Nakamura is sticking with majors for the time being.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.