Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

The Hawks are at it again!

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
The Hawks are at it again!
The Fukuoka Daiei Hawks today (9/13) announced the release of proven relief pitcher Rodney Pedraza and starter Brady Raggio. These kind of moves never really suprise me, ever since they failed to re-sign league RBI leader Greg "Boomer" Wells several years ago. It is true that Pedraza is slightly off from the last two years (for both of which he won the Japanese equivalent of the Fireman Award, and only barely missed it the previous year). But, he still has saved over 33% of the games the Hawks have won this year (down from 45% for 2000 and 48% for 2001). The league leader, Toyoda of the Seibu Lions, is only at about 36%. Rumor has it that this is a financial move, but I for one hope some opposing team picks him up and he makes the Hawks pay (even though I am a Hawks fan). Rather than cut proven performers, I would rather see them remove #89, who, in my opinion, is one of the poorest managers I have ever seen (even if he has hit more home runs than Hank Aaron).
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.