Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Cabrera's Hurt?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Cabrera's Hurt?
Is it true Cabrera is hurt and won't be coming back to play for the playoffs?
Comments
Re: Cabrera's Hurt?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Sep 29, 2005 11:03 PM ]

Cabrera will miss the playoffs as he was removed from the Lions' active roster. [Full Story - Japan Ball]
[ Author: Guest: chavo | Posted: Oct 4, 2005 2:54 PM ]

es triste que este gran pelotero ya no esta tan enfocado en su pelota. aqui se dice que el se tiene su mente en cosas que no tienen que ver con su pelota. Los jugadores a veces se les olvida que es ser un gran jugador por que se creen una gran estrella. El fue un gran jugador y no se da cuenta que se esta undiendo...quieremos a nuestra estrella. Olvidate de cosas que no te llevan a nada huey...habre los ojos.

Babelfish Translation [any help?]:

It is sad that this great pelotero no longer this so focused in its ball aqui says that its mind in things is had that they do not have to do with its ball. The players sometimes forget to them that he is to be a great player so that they are created.

[ Author: Guest: kiyosh | Posted: Oct 11, 2005 11:56 AM ]

It is a turn off to see a superstar play this way for us. We want the old player back, focus. I don't think he has a contract as of yet.
[ Author: KevvyG | Posted: Oct 14, 2005 5:26 PM | SL Fan ]

I think that that's it for Cabrera and the Lions. With the Cabrera's injury, Seibu's money problems, and the rumour/news about Matsuzaka, I think it will be dark times for us Lions fans for a while.
[ Author: Guest: scooty | Posted: Oct 15, 2005 2:16 PM ]

Players need to focus on the game, not on yen or females. This is not new to anybody. Career comes first.

Seibu cannot give Cabrera what is wanted monetary, and he is not the same player any more for Japan anyway. His worries are somewhere, but not on the game. Baseball is a serious game for us, agreed?
[ Author: Guest: Repo | Posted: Oct 21, 2005 1:22 PM ]

News is Seibu is to hire our old superstar again, or maybe it's big gossip. Too bad his focus is not on the team and game. You're right, Yen and females are not everything and could ruin your career. We caught info of serous female incidents he had here at airports and such. Please respect our country is what I say.

These kind of problems will ruin a career, perhaps lack of maturity or education is key. He is supposed to be here in early November or so. That could be gossip too, though. What he mentioned on the papers about the Giants was misleading as far as news. Who knows? But why cash out all the Yen (Seibu) for a non value?

Baseball is serious! Yea!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.