Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japan Series Predictions?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Japan Series Predictions?
Now that the two contestants of the Japan Series have been decided, there is still time to make our predictions.

I think the Marines should fancy their chances against Hanshin, mainly because they won the pressure-cooking series against the best team in the PL. The Tigers have also been in good form throughout the year; as long as they haven't lost that form through the long break, they should like their chances as well.

With that said, Marines take the Series in 6.
Comments
Re: Japan Series Predictions?
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Oct 19, 2005 8:34 AM | TYS Fan ]

I've got a feeling the Marines will win it. I just feel that after that titanic battle to get past the Hawks they will have the edge over the Tigers who haven't played a competititve game for some weeks. Of course the rest could work in the Tigers' favor, but I feel it's the Marines' year.

Plus, as a Yakult fan, it would be nice to see one of the "lesser," unfashionable teams win it.
[ Author: KevvyG | Posted: Oct 19, 2005 5:09 PM | SL Fan ]

Marines in 7.
Watanabe MVP.
[ Author: Guest: Mooch | Posted: Oct 20, 2005 5:56 PM ]

Really? Tigers in 4. October 26th Tiger will become the champs. Toritani MVP. Any bets?
[ Author: Something Lions | Posted: Oct 20, 2005 7:51 PM | SL Fan ]

I'm hoping the Marines would take it in 7, but it'll be difficult outscoring the Tigers in the first 6 innings before the arrival of JFK.
[ Author: himself | Posted: Oct 22, 2005 1:47 AM | FSH Fan ]

As much as I hate to say it, Hanshin in 6. And no, it's not because I'm "bitter." This year's Tigers reminds me of the Cardinals of the last two years with the way they stood out in the Central League (without the playoff exits, of course). Although the Marines finished with the best record during inter-league play, the Tigers will probably be eager to give them all they can handle.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 23, 2005 9:13 AM | NIP Fan ]

Marines in 7. Satozaki or Imae MVP.
[ Author: Guest: Gribbins | Posted: Oct 22, 2005 6:09 PM ]

Tigers in 6, Imaoka MVP.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Oct 24, 2005 8:43 AM ]

I predict that the Marines will score 10 runs in both the first and second game and take a 2-0 series lead.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.