Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

BIS Stats

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
BIS Stats
Is anyone else annoyed that BIS hasn't updated their "official" Web site since November 2002? Some first week stats would be nice guys.
Comments
Re: BIS stats
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 6, 2003 8:18 PM | YBS Fan ]

You can read Japanese, right? Try TBS Radio - The Baseball. Mouse over "Team Data" and click on the team you want to see. It's got each entire team's complete pitching and batting data. Not just the leaders like NPB-BIS. Yet all of their data comes from NPB-BIS. Go figure.

If anyone were to donate a similar account to me, I'd do the same thing in English in a heart beat. Any takers?
Re: BIS stats
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: Apr 7, 2003 1:33 PM | HT Fan ]

This is great. Thanks!
TBS Stats
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: Apr 11, 2003 12:53 PM | HT Fan ]

Help! I'm having some trouble translating a few colums. From left to right, I have them translated as:

Player Name, Uniform Number, BA, ?, Games, At Bats, Hits, 2B, 3B, HR, Total Bases, Runs, RBI, ?, SB, K, BB, HBP, ?, ?, OBP, and Slg.

Any idea what those four are?
Re: TBS Stats
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 11, 2003 1:53 PM | YBS Fan ]

No problem:

Player Name, Uniform Number, BA, BA w/ Runners in Scoring Position, Games, At Bats, Hits, 2B, 3B, HR, Total Bases, Runs, RBI, Sac. Hits, SB, K, BB, HBP, Errors, Hit into DP, OBP, and Slg.

Yes, "errors" is defensive, not "reached on errors" or anything offensively related.

How do you abriviate "Batting Average with Runners in Scoring Position"? BARSP?

Sac. hits include both sacrifice bunts and flies.
Re: TBS Stats
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: Apr 11, 2003 2:35 PM | HT Fan ]

Thanks very much.

How do you abriviate "Batting Average with Runners in Scoring Position"? BARSP?

I've seen it abbreviated as RISP. The BA is inferred, I guess.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.