Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Web Sites

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Web Sites
I saw the message from Darrell May, and I also still follow Japanesse Baseball. There is no sites right now in English except the Japan Times. but they don't have any stats.

Just wanted to say hello and keep up the good work on this site. And good luck to the Dragons!!!

Alonzo Powell
Comments
Re: Web Sites
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 15, 2003 8:35 AM | YBS Fan ]

Thanks for the kind words. I'm working on stats right now. Don't know if my source will let me keep them up, but it's worth a try.

I have a question for you (and/or Darrell if you're still around). I often get asked how to contact players and refer them to this page and these snail-mail addresses. I'm sure I've sent a person or two to you this way.

Anyway, my question is, does the advice I give work? Is this the only way for family and friends to contact a player to get his e-mail address? And do most of the foreign players have an e-mail provider (through the team) while here?

I get asked how to contact players at least twice a week, so it's not exactly a great interview question. But for much of the readership, it's as important as stats.

Thank you for the visit. I hope you can provide some insight that we can't get through the newspaper.

Take care.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.