Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Video Broadcasts?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Video Broadcasts?
I love my MLB.TV. I can watch all the non-local (untelevised) games on my computer everyday. I get to see Matsui and Kaz Ishii quite often.

I was wondering if there is somewhere I could watch Japanese baseball, even if they are just MPEGs of highlights or something.

I am just now getting interested in the Japanese players. The talent and possibilities of the Japanese player seem unlimited. I am especially impressed with their mental discipline and gamesmanship.

As a Japanese-American, I am excited that Ichiro and others have opened doors for my son to play major league baseball.
Comments
Re: Video Broadcasts?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 23, 2003 11:21 PM | YBS Fan ]

Internet radio and video queries come up often. Here's a good start for a search.

In short, yes, there are Internet broadcasts. But you need to be able to read Japanese to sign up for them, and/or be willing to use Microsoft's MediaPlayer (which, as a security conscious netizen, I'm not - so I can't say much about how to connect).

Anyway, browse the forums a bit and you'll come across a few posts of people who have successfully found Internet broadcasts of Japanese games.
[ Author: Dusanh | Posted: Jun 24, 2003 10:46 AM ]

You can catch free broadcasts of Seibu's home games here [TV Asahi Pro].

I watched part of Matsusaka's 10 K gem just the other day. Perhaps he's finally living up to his potential.
[ Author: Dusanh | Posted: Jul 13, 2003 12:14 PM ]

Here's a heads-up for NPB fans depending on internet broadcasts. TV Asahi Pro is featuring the Hawks vs. Lions game starting at 12:00 AM Eastern time. The pitching match up is Arakaki vs. Matsusaka, two of the best young pitchers in Japan, and could both one day be in MLB.
[ Author: Dusanh | Posted: Jun 24, 2003 10:47 AM ]

Just to add to the previous post, the Seibu link works fine with Mozilla + mplayer plugin.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 24, 2003 12:19 PM | YBS Fan ]

I read recently that MPlayer could handle the MS codecs lately. Guess it's time to try again. Thanks.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.