Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Broadcast NPB Championship to the U.S.

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Broadcast NPB Championship to the U.S.
I have returned from Japan, having been unable to see any games due to bad weather, primarily. I did see the celebrations on the Pontocho in Kyoto when the Tigers clinched it. The police were out in force and with hidden surveillance cameras on the other side of the Kamo. It was kind of funny having them look for Japanese hooligans - almost an oxymoron. Also saw a few jumpers on TV on the Dotonobori. Hope they got their shots afterwards. Great fans in Kansai though - they deserve it after the long wait.

Anyway, is there any discussion of broadcasting any NPB championship games to the U.S.? I haven't heard anything on this side, but might be good programming for ESPN/ESPN2. I may write them too.
Comments
Re: Broadcast NPB Championship to the U.S.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 27, 2003 7:41 AM | YBS Fan ]

You needed to browse down the list of threads a little more. Please see this thread which covers a campaign to get ESPN or Fox to cover the Japan Series.

So, how many of you have written?
Re: Broadcast NPB Championship to the U.S.
[ Author: niibu_yaa | Posted: Oct 1, 2003 10:58 AM | FSH Fan ]

I written 36 e-mails, sent 45 letters, and started several discussion boards on that link that ESPN sends you. And I've not gotten one reply from a real person yet. Not sure if I am getting anywhere with the campaign.

Think I'll start my efforts with FOX now.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.