Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Andy Sheets

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Andy Sheets
Looks like Andy Sheets had a good year. - .313 average and 25 HRs.

I didn't know he had this much potential. Are those numbers as good in Japan as they would be in the MLB?
Comments
Re: Andy Sheets
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Oct 18, 2003 11:50 AM ]

My research here [BaseballGuru.com] indicates that the same season in the major leagues would not look quite as good. There is the caveat that NPB doesn't do a good job of keeping and disseminating home/road data, and for this reason I simply do not (cannot?) account for this significant issue. That said, Sheets' 2003 numbers translate to a rather nice 162 game MLB season, IMO:
    G   157
    AB 595
    H 174
    2B 37
    3B 2
    HR 17
    BB 40
    avg .292
    obp .337
    slg .447
Jim Albright
Re: Andy Sheets
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Oct 20, 2003 8:19 AM ]

Andy was a slugger in his two years playing at AAA-Durham (TB), but always struggled when he got to TB. I wish Andy the best whether not if he decides to stay in Japan next season or come back to MLB. He's a very nice, quiet person, and never misses any autograph requests in person.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.