Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Matsuzaka Babelfished

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Matsuzaka Babelfished
While translating a Nikkan Sports' piece I (again) wondered about Babel Fish's opinion on the subject. This is what it had to say about Daisuke's new contract:
The Seibu Matuzaka 200000000 Yen! At high soldier/finishing 6th year 3 public attention

The Seibu Matuzaka Daisuke pitcher (23) on the 11th, it faced to contract renovation negotiation with the club office of the Seibu dome side, signed at annual salary 200000000 Yen of 85000000 Yen increase. As for the player who the professional enters from high school exceeding 200000000 Yen with the annual salary of 6th year, the Ichiro outfielder (Orikkusu = present Mariners) 260000000 Yen, the Matsui happy outfielder (giant = present Yankess) following to 220000000 Yen, 3 public attention.

16 victories of the self most numerous tie (7 defeat/miss) it marked this season, e.g., 10 successive wins are decorated, earned-run average and acquiring the title of the most numerous iD three swings were high appraised. Matuzaka who reaches in desired amount received the explanation that feeling had making sign well "Ishii (it buried your), Nisiguti's hole. It is delightful rather ", that the smile spilled.

It comes and "it would like to do the pitch which is connected to league victory as a goal of season. We want the title of the victory ratio which does not have the fact that you take still. The pitch which is not defeated spoke with ideal ". (As for amount presumption)
It gives a good indication of how I have felt in Japan from time to time. You get the general idea of what is being discussed but have no idea what the heck they are talking about! Heh, heh. It also reminds me a bit of Japanese high school students trying their English on you.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.