Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Victor Starffin

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Victor Starffin
Victor Sarffin was the "... highest rated pitcher of the pitching dominated early years of Japanese professional baseball." I don't have anything on how he ranks on all-time lists for any stats, so it's possible Christy Mathewson or Pete Alexander might be a correlation. But if we're going back to early years, perhaps we better stick with Cy Young?
Comments
Re: Victor Starffin
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Jan 22, 2004 11:17 AM ]

Off the cuff, Mathewson strikes me as the best choice because Young played in the offense heavy 1890's and Alexander in the offense heavy 1920's. Further, I don't think Young was the leading pitcher in nearly as many categories as Starffin was.

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.