Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Nomaguchi Takahiko (Seadax) Giants Bound?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Nomaguchi Takahiko (Seadax) Giants Bound?
I am going to act as an interpreter for the All-Japan team that is going to play an international tournament in Holland starting July 23th. This All-Japan team is made up of shakaijin [Industrial League] players. I haven't been living in Japan and would like to get some info on some of the players on this team.

I heard that a young 21 year old pitcher by the name of Nomaguchi of Seadax is coming. I picked up some rumors that he is headed for the Giants. Can anybody confirm this? Does anybody know him? or what he has done so far? I only know he went to school at Kansai Soka.

Furthermore, I would like to know who the pro-hopefulls are on this team. This is the team list:
Pitchers:
Sakamoto Honda Kumamoto
Matsui JR East
Isomura Toshiba
Nomi Osaka Gas
Kubo Matsushita Electr.
Watanabe Japan Life
Teshima New Japan Oil
Nomaguchi Seadax

Catchers:
Sakada Seadax
Matsushita Japan New Medicine
Kawata Mitsubishi Heavy Ind. Nagasaki

Infielders:
Iwamoto New Japan Oil
Matsuda Toshiba
Takahashi NTT East Japan
Yotsunomiya Nissan Motorcars
Shimizu Nippon Express
Kusano Honda Kumamoto
Iwamoto Osaka Gas
Takahashi

Outfielders:
Imamura Nissan
Ishii Nissan
Yoshiura Nissan
Hiraishi Toyota
Kaneko Honda

I think I got most of the names right, some doubt on Teshima and Yotsunomiya (Yonnomiya?) though. Any info on these players and their pro-chances is appreciated.

Comments
Re: Nomaguchi Takahiko (Seadax) Giants Bound?
[ Author: Guest: bouton-kun | Posted: Jul 8, 2004 5:29 AM ]

Nobody knows anything? Pitty.

I picked up a rumour that Nomura-kantoku is his coach at Seadax and trying to steer him towards the Tigers, but the Giants jumped in and picked up Nomura's son just to postion themselves for getting Nomaguchi in the future. I keep on hearing that he might be the No. 1 pick in November's draft. Nobody knows anything about this kid? Strange.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Jul 8, 2004 4:25 PM | HT Fan ]

In the news it just seems to be the same old same old. The kid's a promising pitcher and Hanshin were drooling over him, but I recently read in SanSpo that they had given up on him because the Giants looked like they were going to get him.

Yeah, there's some buzz about this guy Nomaguchi, but he's not exactly headline news or anything. Last year it was Toritani, the year before it was Ando.
[ Author: bouton-kun | Posted: Aug 6, 2004 5:40 AM ]

Dissappointing to get so little reaction.

I saw Nomaguchi pitch, and after spending some time around him, became convinced he is gonna be a star in Pro Yakyu. His whole demeanor is good. He seems destined to become an MVP.

Kubo was on the team as well. He was selected to play with the Japanse Olympic team in a series against Cuba at the end of July at the Tokyo Dome. He is still undecided about where to sign, but I heard from other players that he is leaning towards Lotte or the BayStars.

Nohmi is probably gonna sign with Lotte.

Tejima is still undecided.

Well we'll see at the draft in November.

You heard it here first.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.