Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Who's Going to Win this Thing?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Who's Going to Win this Thing?
Do the Dragons have enough pitching and defense to overcome what looks like a massive Seibu firepower advantage?

Commish, what happened to Domingo Guzman? Did he get better or just get on a better team?
Comments
Re: Who's Going to Win this Thing?
[ Author: Guest: Tigers Baka | Posted: Oct 16, 2004 6:59 PM ]

My post-season tipping has been awful, but I expect that the Dragons' solid pitching will see them win in 6.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Oct 19, 2004 7:23 AM ]

- [W]hat happened to Domingo Guzman?

Guzman is still with the Dragons. [Dragons' Stats]
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 19, 2004 8:25 AM | YBS Fan ]

- [W]hat happened to Domingo Guzman? Did he get better or just get on a better team?

I'd have to go with the "[got] on a better team" option. He did a great job for Yokohama last year, one of the best ERAs and winningest pitchers, if I recall correctly. But had very little run support. And the bull pen blew leads left and right.

Guzman will be the third starter in the Nippon Series for Chunichi (tonight).
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Oct 20, 2004 5:37 AM ]

My question is this:

How come less than 24,000 were at Seibu Dome for Game 3?!

I mean, c'mon, for the quality of play and what's at stake, I am stunned to see only 24K in the stands at Seibu Dome.

Massively disappointing.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.