Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese Baseball Fashion Magazine?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Japanese Baseball Fashion Magazine?
Hello, I was doing some research and there was talk about a Japanese baseball magazine being made that was more about fashion and targeted more to women, but I haven't been able to find it. Has anyone seen this or have any info about it?

I'm doing a presentation on Global Marketing with Japan and U.S. baseball. It has been very hard finding information on Japanese Marketing and Global marketing for baseball. A lot of my info has started from here and then I found more research about it. I don't think I would have been able to do this presentation without this forum and would like to thank the creator! Most of the time it just states that it is lacking and needs to be more like the U.S.

Thank you for any input!
Comments
Re: Japanese Baseball Fashion Magazine?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 28, 2005 12:27 PM | YBS Fan ]

You're probably thinking of "Pro Yakyu ai," published by Nikkan Sports Publishing. It's always looked like a kind of teen-pop magazine when I've seen it in the store. However, it's placed with the other periodic sports magazines on the racks at bookstores, where I don't often see teens or females, so I don't know if they're reaching such a target audience.

Hope this helps.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.