Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

John Bale to be a Closer?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
John Bale to be a Closer?
Is moving Bale to the closer role a smart move by the Carp? Sure this allows Bale to lengthen his career, but is this what they need? I guess they are moving him to the bullpen because of last year's performance in that area. It would be real hard for me to move him there, especially after the year he had last year as a starter. He could have easily won 15 games with a little run support. What do you guys think?
Comments
Re: John Bale to be a Closer?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Mar 30, 2005 10:29 AM ]

I haven't heard any report saying Bale would be moved to closer.

Bale only pitched one game in relief last year. Though remember, Bale was successful as a reliever for the Orioles in 2002.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Mar 30, 2005 1:33 PM ]

- Bale was successful as a reliever for the Orioles in 2002.

My mistake, Bale played with the Orioles in 2001. Bale went 1-0 with a 3.14 ERA in 14 games in 2001. [Link - Baseball Reference]
[ Author: HaruSaru | Posted: Apr 3, 2005 9:49 PM | HC Fan ]

Bale has been the closer in the last two games, and got the save in both of them. He looks good.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 5, 2005 8:37 PM ]

It will be interesting if Bale will stay in this role as the season goes. I'm not saying he can't do it, but the Carp have a few holes in their starting rotation, and I think before long Bale will be in that role. He was their most productive starter last season. The sooner they get Sasaoka and Hasegawa out of the rotation the better, and why not Oyamada closing? The rotation should be Kuroda, Bale, Ohtake, Takahashi, Davey, Feliciano. the last two are in ni-gun now, but may be nice additions to a weak rotation. They didn't give Feliciano much of a chance last year.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.