Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Visiting Teams

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Visiting Teams
I understand that the Japanese collegiate all-stars are coming to the US in June to challenge Team USA. What can we expect from the Japanese team? Are there any former Yakyu stars on the coaching staff?

Also, every two years a team of MLB all-stars travels to Japan in November to play against Yakyu all-stars...why don't the Japanese ever come here? We have enough domes for them to play in ......
Comments
Re: Visiting Teams
[ Author: CFiJ | Posted: Mar 7, 2002 10:08 AM ]

> Also, every two years a team of MLB all-stars travels
> to Japan in November to play against Yakyu
> all-stars...why don't the Japanese ever come here? We
> have enough domes for them to play in ......

Because both MLB and NPB can make much more money by having it done in Japan. The American fans would not show as much interest as the Japanese fans. Of course, this might change as more Japanese players come over. But I don't seriously think the NPB All-Star teams will be able to consistently compete with the MLB All-Star teams as long as the NPB All-Star teams limit themselves to only Japanese players...
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.