Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Watching Seibu Lions on Yahoo

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Watching Seibu Lions on Yahoo
Seibu Lions Live

Does this work for anyone? I've tried to use it when a game is on but it's not working for me. I use Windows Media and all when I click on it the whole setup pops up. Problem is that all I get is the Window Media logo popping up over and over on the screen.
Comments
Re: Watching Seibu Lions on Yahoo
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 20, 2002 8:46 AM | YBS Fan ]

Having left the Microsoft world for good over two years ago, I'm afraid that it doesn't work for me. As a programmer with many years of dealing with MS bugs, here are some possibilities:
  • Do you have Japanese fonts installed on your computer?
  • Are you using Windows Media Player 6.4 or above?
  • Do you have a 100K or above connection speed?
  • Do you have at least a 500MHz Pentium computer with at least 192MB of memory? (Mac users shouldn't need quite that much computing power.)
  • Do you have all of the latest MS "Service Packs" installed? (I tend to refer to them as "Anti-Competitive Packs" myself due to their tendency to break non-MS software. While having the latest SP installed was often the cause for failure, it shouldn't break MS' own Media Player, right?)

You should probably consult Microsoft's Media Player documentation and/or help site (if you can find it) at Microsoft.com for other trouble-shooting techniques.

Hope this helps.

[ Author: Guest: BrianH | Posted: Jun 20, 2002 9:58 AM ]

Yes to the first 4, I don't know about the last one.

When it always doesn't work, the error according to micrsoft is -
You have encountered the following error while using Windows Media Player:

The server, a computer setup to offer multimedia content to other computers, is too busy to handle your request for multimedia content. (Error=C00D0013)
More help is available for this problem - Click here to view it.
Does it work on your computer?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 20, 2002 11:44 AM | YBS Fan ]

That makes debugging easier. The problem is that the Yahoo server can only "broadcast" to so many clients, and they're already full. The only way to get a connection is probably to get there early, 20 minutes or so before game time.

As for the last question, no, it doesn't work on my computer. I don't use an operating system that MS supports (and probably wouldn't allow their Media Player on my machine if I did own a Mac). RealPlayer works on UNIX machines, and I have watched games in the past with it without any problem. (Yokohama made it a subscription service last year, and, with the games on cable, I haven't been able to justify the subscription to my "financial advisor.")

Well, gambare in getting there early enough to grab a connection.
[ Author: Guest: BrianH | Posted: Jun 22, 2002 2:39 PM ]

I'm watching the game as I type this. Orix currently up 1-0. I went there 5 minutes before the game started and it's still running smooth. Do they show home and away games?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.