Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2003 Schedule

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
2003 Schedule
The Japan Times posted this yesterday.

Does this mean that a schedule for next year exists? If so is it anywhere in English?
Comments
Re: 2003 Schedule
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 8, 2002 8:18 AM | YBS Fan ]

Yes, the schedules were released in the press over the past two days.

Available in English? Not yet to my knowledge.

I'm afraid that entering next year's schedule (which didn't include starting times) has a lower priority than entering this season's stats - of which I still don't have a complete set.

You all may have noticed that I'd fallen quite a bit behind in answering questions lately. It seems that there are more discussions going on now than during the season! (I think I caught up last night - except for a number of two week old mail messages.) Sometimes, other duties take priority. Please keep in mind that this is an all volunteer site, meaning that things get done when I have time to get to them. And data entry/translation takes a lot of time.
[ Author: Guest: pfg | Posted: Nov 9, 2002 1:07 AM ]

Dear Commish:

First of all, here's a Godzilla story [NY Post] from this morning that might be of interest.

I can scarecely imagine the work that must go into maintaining this site, so I am disinclined to ask for a personal favor. But...

I'm strongly considering taking the tour next September described at the site www.japanball.com (which I originally found in a link from this site, I think). Which is why I'm so interested in next year's schedule. So I was wondering if maybe you'd be so kind as to feed me just the part of the schedule from Friday, September 5 through Wednesday, September 10, 2003. Even if they don't have game times up yet, at least I'd know what I have a chance of seeing. It would give me motivation to continue my savings plan (it's not a small investment, as you probably well know).

And if our paths should cross in Yokohama, the beer's on me.

Thanks so much,
Peter Gallagher
gallagher at hmai dot org
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 9, 2002 1:56 PM | YBS Fan ]

Actually, that's a much easier request than the whole schedule.

Looking at the Japan Tour page, I'm a big confused by the 5th being at Jingu. Yakult is playing Chunichi that day with the Dragons listed as the home team (at Nagoya Dome). Perhaps you'll just tour Jingu, or maybe see a collage game? Has anyone taken the tour?

The tour goes down the tracks to Tokyo Dome on the 6th where the Giants continue hosting the Carp.

The 7th, the tour heads to Saitama's "Seibu Field." Is that Seibu Dome? Nonetheless, it looks like Seibu is in Fukuoka, so I guess it's to see something other than a game.

Either I've misread the schedule or they have, but it looks to me like the games on the 9th and 10th are also while the home team is away. So rather than continue with the tour schedule, here's what I think is the schedule for those dates:

DatesMatchupStadium
9/5-7

6-7

8-9
8-10

9-10
9-11
Hiroshima - Giants
Yakult - Chunichi
Yokohama - Hanshin
Nippon Ham - Lotte
Kintetsu - Orix
Seibu - Daiei
Kintetsu - Daiei
Lotte - Seibu
Nippon Ham - Orix
Giants - Yokohama
Hanshin - Yakult
Chunichi - Hiroshima
Tokyo Dome
Nagoya Dome
Koshien
Chiba Marine
Osaka Dome
Fukuoka Dome
Fukuoka Dome
Seibu Dome
Green Stadium
Yokohama
Jingu
Hiroshima

Note, the stadiums aren't listed in my source (Nikkan Sports), so I can's say for sure that this is where the games are. But the order of the matchups suggest that these are the home teams.

I'm afraid that I may be causing more confusion than helping. I'd certainly recommend contacting the organizers to find out where they got their schedule from. I'd appriciate a followup to their reply, too.

2003 Tour Schedule
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 10, 2002 7:02 AM | YBS Fan ]

I went ahead and contacted them, and the reply was that there was supposed to be a disclaimer stating "schedule subject to change when the 2003 schedules have been released." That explains the confusion.
Re: 2003 Tour Schedule
[ Author: Guest: pfg | Posted: Nov 12, 2002 12:18 AM ]

That's just what I was looking for. I knew the schedule on the tour site was a sample, sorry I neglected to mention it. Many thanks.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 22, 2002 1:16 AM | YBS Fan ]

2003 Central League schedule posted here.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 22, 2002 6:58 PM | YBS Fan ]

2003 Pacific League schedule posted here.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.