Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Photos

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Photos
Maybe it has been asked already, but do you know any website where I can download Japanese baseball pictures (from recent games, like mlb.com does)?

Thanks.
waltontshirt at gmail d0t com
Comments
Re: Photos
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:36 AM | YBS Fan ]

You can often see photos from the news stories posted on the Japanese press web sites. Links are available from the Yahoo! Pro Yakyu portal page. The first section on the left is the main story, under that are links to other news articles.

Please keep in mind that all photographs are copyrighted by their respective news agencies (which is why I don't have photos).

Hope this helps.
[ Author: mvk20! | Posted: Oct 4, 2005 9:08 AM | YG Fan ]

The Giants' site has action pictures from each game (usually about half a dozen). Let me know if you're interested in those and I'll detail for you how to get to them.
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Oct 4, 2005 8:56 AM | YAK Fan ]

Sankei Sports is usually pretty good about putting pictures into each article, just look for the little camera icon next to each link.

Yahoo! Japan Sports has a special photo section, covering all sports, so you'll just have to thumb through each page to find baseball related photos. (Note: above the upper right photo on each page will be a link to the previous days' photos. If you put your mouse pointer on the link, in your status bar you'll see the date for the previous day in the link, (without "&p=#").)

There are others that have pictures sporadically, but Yahoo! Japan Sports pretty much uses pics from all the most of the major sports sites.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.