Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Box scores

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Box scores
bigredmachine-san (bigredmach at carolina rr com) writes:

Is there a place I can get up to date detailed box scores and stats for the Japanese leagues.

Thank you

Gary

Comments
Can You Read Japanese?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 27, 2001 1:47 PM | YBS Fan ]

The best place I go for something resembling box scores is Yahoo Sports Japan.  However, if your browser isn't Japanese literate, you may want to use tools like:

With the automated translator, keep in mind that "Oryx" is "Orix" and "Nippon Meats" is "Nippon
Ham."  And I haven't tried it for the box scores, but I wonder what will come of peoples' names.  (e.g. "Ishii" becomes "stone well," etc.?)
Re:Can You Read Japanese?
[ Author: moto-Nutts4EP | Posted: Apr 27, 2001 4:03 PM ]

Complete box scores (in English!!) can be found on http://www.geocities.com/s_borisov/jb2001/. It also has pages of stats for each team, league leaders, archives of articles from other sources, and links to Japanese and English newspapers. A great site, especially if you're not used to linescores in Japanese.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.