Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2002 Stats

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
2002 Stats
1) Any word on when the new encyclopedia will be out? If so, how many yen will it set me back (if you know)?

2) Is the final 2002 batting and pitching data out? I can't find them organized by team anywhere on the web (at least in any English site).

Jim Albright
Comments
Re: 2002 Stats
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 21, 2002 7:10 PM | YBS Fan ]

Every Wednesday, the first thing I do after picking up Shukan Baseball is browse through for the Encylopedia ad. I'm afraid that it wasn't in yesterday's edition, either, though. And they generally advertise a month or so in advance.

On the bright side, Baseball Magazine Sha's yearly Record Book will be out in the middle of December. If past releases of the Encyclopedia are any indication, then it'll be released two weeks to a month later, so I expect it in January.

I'm currently working on getting some of the stats entered for 2002, but am missing a number of fields. I had some deadlines at work (remeber, this is a hobby site) that had a higher priority than data entry. I've now got a slight lull in my work and can spend some time working on my TODO list for this site. And stats is at the top.

I'm just curious, has anyone ever asked NPB-BIS what kinds of data packages they offer now? I know they were things that only large corporations could afford in the past, but maybe they've changed?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 22, 2002 8:22 PM | YBS Fan ]

Done! Here are the 2002 batting and pitching data in the macro virus free, platform independent CSV (comma separated) format.

The fields are the same as on any given player's page with player names and ID numbers added.

Caught stealing and sacrifice flies are all null (no data) for batting, and the number of batters faced is null for pitchers. When I get that data next month, I'll work on entering it.

Enjoy.
[ Author: Guest: Jim Albright | Posted: Nov 23, 2002 9:13 PM ]

Thanks for posting the 2002 stats. Now I can finish my updates of the stuff on baseballguru.com A lot of it is already updated, but I haven't updated any of the All Time Players stuff, the Gaijin All-Stars, and the Franchise All-Stars. I've got a couple of other projects in mind, but I've got a lot of work to do to get them ready, and I don't want to tease anyone by mentioning them just yet.

Finally, please let us know when the Encyclopedia becomes available. I periodically check Amazon Japan, but if someone else reminds me, I won't miss it when it does come out.

Jim Albright
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.