Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Winning player pay for the NPB Championship Series

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Winning player pay for the NPB Championship Series
Dear Commish:

Do you know how much money the players coaches earned for competiting in the most recent Nihon Series? For both the winning and losing teams? Just curious. Thanks for your help.
Comments
Re: Winning player pay for the NPB Championship Series
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 14, 2002 10:18 PM | YBS Fan ]

I know that there's a bonus for winning the league championships, and one for the Nihon Series. But I haven't got a clue as to how much that is. Sorry.
[ Author: Guest: Andy Scott | Posted: Dec 19, 2002 10:54 AM ]

Thanks Commissioner for your help and insight. Happy Holidays.
[ Author: Guest: Alan Newman | Posted: Dec 20, 2002 6:44 AM ]

Yes there is a bonus, but it is not anything to get excited about. At least not for the team I was with. It's all based on perfomance and it's not much to write home about even with a full share. If you compare this to what a World Series share in the states is, 200,000 dollars to the Japanese equivalent of 30,000. And few players actually get this full share.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.