Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hanshin Koshien Stadium

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Hanshin Koshien Stadium
Hello, I collect stadium seats from historic ballparks in America. I would like to possibly find one from Hanshin Koshien Stadium. Does anyone know if Hanshin Stadium was ever renovated and if there are seats or portion of benches available for purchase? I haven't been able to find answers to these questions on the net. Thank you!
Comments
Re: Hanshin Koshien Stadium
[ Author: Guest: semajllibfonaf | Posted: Dec 30, 2005 8:20 AM ]

Whoa! I'm a collector of pretty much anything related to NPB, small-sized, so I watch the memorabilia market and the net auctions, pretty closely, but I can't say I've ever heard of such a sale. When Rakuten remodeled for the new season, nothing from the stadium came up for sale, but perhaps because nobody had thought about it.

Maybe someone else here can give you an inside contact (which is what it would take), or you might try contacting a professional dealer.

One warning, though: a Koshien seat would likely be something that could draw an unusually high price, if it came to auction.

Good luck! I don't really want one at this time, but I'd love to see how to get such a thing, and at what price.
Re: Hanshin Koshien Stadium
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Dec 30, 2005 5:07 PM | HAN Fan ]

Koshien Stadium is due to be renovated in the next few years. I doubt the management will offer seats for sale, but it may be worth writing to them (in Japanese would be best). They may agree to let you have one.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.