Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2006 Season Preview

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
2006 Season Preview
Has there been any thought given to doing a Season Preview on this site? Maybe even as an audio broadcast? If it's too much work for one person, perhaps it could be coordinated so that a fan of each team could do the preview for their team to break up the work. It would be great to see a lot of that type of info in one place, whether in print or audio, like a summary of off-season transactions, projected rotation/lineup, and forecast for the year. I would think it would be very popular, especially amongst those who are somewhat new to the NPB. What do you think?
Comments
Re: 2006 Season Preview
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jan 26, 2006 12:42 PM | HAN Fan ]

Many of your interests are and will be covered in the various forums and posts on this website. This site thrives on information from many contributors. Michael Westbay is the administrator and does the majority of the work, but he depends upon the research and input of many individuals - none of us, including Michael, gets paid - we do this out of the love of baseball.

So look around this site. One thread that might be of interest to you is the "2006 Predictions" in the "Open Talk" Forum.
Re: 2006 Season Preview
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 26, 2006 5:45 PM | YBS Fan ]

Actually, Stevie-san (from the Radio 1/2 Show) and I have discussed doing such an Internet radio show. We were thinking of having it closer to the end of Spring training, or maybe leading into the start of the WBC. (I don't mind taking some of the WBC attention away, as I plan on giving it as much attention as the Olympics - I'd like Japan to do well, but will not actively support it.)

As you can tell, though, I'm back logged on entering data and haven't had much time to participate in many of the conversations. "Real" work gets in the way sometimes.

I really like the idea of having team representatives dishing out detailed information about the status of each of the ball clubs. When it comes time to create such a Season Preview, all the information will be readilly available for summary. If we do do an audio broadcast, it would be great to have the "team reporters" call in via Skype to make their final report.

This goes along with another idea that Stevie-san and I have been discussing, having a Pro Yakyu Internet radio talk show. I had asked a number of times with the Pro Yakyu Live! posts about the possibility last season, but got no response to the idea. Perhaps more people have discovered Skype this year and would like to give it a try?

Anyway, yes, I have given this suggestion a great deal of thought and would like to do exactly that. The more people that can help out with tracking teams progress through February, the easier such a production will be. And I'd really like to get more voices on the ether.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.