Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Information on Orix Buffaloes?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Information on Orix Buffaloes?
Hello, I am Mexican, and I always check your page to know how my brother who plays there is doing because it is hard due to country's schedule. Do you know how can I get more information?
Comments
Re: Information on Orix Buffaloes?
[ Author: Guest: Dylan | Posted: Apr 20, 2006 8:33 PM ]

Re: Information on Orix Buffaloes?
[ Author: Guest: Fred | Posted: Apr 25, 2006 8:49 PM ]

Why is Orix Buffaloes manager Nakamura, and Japanese managers in general, so illogical?
  1. The batting lineups this guy comes up with are retarded. He bats Muramatsu fifth. Muramatsu is a leadoff hitter with no power being put in a power position. When Kiyohara or Nakamura hit in front of him, do you think they see any good pitches?

2. Karim Garcia plays every 2 or 3 days. How does the guy get into any kind of batting rhythm?

3. His use of pitchers is absurd. Starting pitchers never pitch every 5 days. One day they start, the next day they relieve, and next they're on the bench for a week.
Tonight Garcia doesn't start. He comes in as a pinch hitter, then is pinch run for. The Buffaloes best bat gets one try. Buffaloes lose 1-0. Absurdity.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.