Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tokyo Baseball July 14-18?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Tokyo Baseball July 14-18?
Hi,

I will be in Tokyo from July 14th to 18th and would really like to catch a game. However, I saw that the Giants are not playing in that time period.

I would like to know if there is a city, relatively near Tokyo, were I could go to a game?

Great website! I hope I posted in the right forum.
Comments
Re: Tokyo Baseball July 14-18?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: May 27, 2006 8:49 AM | NIP Fan ]

The Chiba Lotte Marines will be playing home games during that time period, against the Lions on the 15/16 and the Eagles on the 17/18. Chiba Marine Stadium is about an hour's train ride (and a short bus ride) out of Tokyo on the JR Keiyo line.

The Tokyo Yakult Swallows are also playing home games that time period; the Giants on the 14-16 and the Carp from the 17-19. Meiji Jingu stadium is in Tokyo, too; I think the nearest subway stop is Gaienmae from the Ginza line, and it's a few blocks' walk from there.

The Yokohama BayStars are hosting the Carp from the 14-16 and the Dragons from the 17-19. I've never been to Yokohama Stadium, so I have no idea how long it takes to get there, but it's not far from Tokyo either.

You can still go to the Tokyo Dome and see the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame, and buy tons of garbage from the Too shop, regardless of whether the Giants are playing home games there, anyway.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: May 27, 2006 9:04 AM | HAN Fan ]

You could go and watch the Swallows at Jingu stadium in Tokyo. Not only are they hot at the moment, but they will be playing Nippon Ham followed by Lotte during the period you will be in Tokyo.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: May 27, 2006 11:44 PM | HAN Fan ]

Oops - reading the wrong month. The others are correct.
[ Author: Guest: Jonathan Hannon | Posted: May 27, 2006 9:52 AM ]

The Yokohama BayStars are home during that time frame, as are the Yakult Swallows (against the Giants for three games), as are the Chiba Lotte Marines. Use the Japan Sports Ballpark Guide (Japan Times) for stadium information.

My advice would be to go to Jingu Stadium to watch the Swallows and Giants. It's very easy to reach via subway, and tickets should be available at the gate. At least they were when I went to see those same teams play last season.
[ Author: Guest: David Gagnon | Posted: Jun 1, 2006 4:49 AM ]

Thanks a lot guys!

Being from Montréal (Canada) I really miss pro baseball, and will for sure try to catch one (or two!) of those games.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.