Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Ken Suzuki (Swallows)?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Ken Suzuki (Swallows)?
Can someone tell me what happened to Ken Suzuki from the Swallows. I see that he did not play any game yet.

Thanks,
Martin
Comments
Re: Ken Suzuki (Swallows)?
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Jun 16, 2006 10:13 AM | TYS Fan ]

Since about half way through the 2005 season, when Adam Riggs started his tenure at first base and found his form, Suzuki Ken hasn't seen much playing time at all. In fact this season he's been on Yakult's farm team, and took a pretty huge pay cut, too.

Can't say I've really noticed his absence until this post, with Riggs cementing his place on the team. Sure, he was OK with the bat, but he was a pretty horrible fielder. He always looked out of shape (perhaps due to his fondness for steaks and hamburgers), like he didn't really belong on a baseball field.

Plus he's one of the laziest players I've ever seen. If I had a dollar for every time I shouted "RUN!!" at him as he casually jogged toward a foul fly ball I could afford to buy the Swallows myself!

Hope that answers your question.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.