Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

NPB Ballparks

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
NPB Ballparks
Could anyone tell me which NPB teams have not been playing in their current stadium since 1998? In other words, which teams have moved into new parks since 1998? I really appreciate any help, thank you.
Comments
Re: NPB Ballparks
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jan 20, 2007 10:07 AM | NIP Fan ]

Err, technically none of them moved stadiums since 1998, unless they either moved cities or had a franchise switch.

The Nippon Ham Fighters moved from Tokyo up to Hokkaido before the 2004 season and thus from the Tokyo Dome to the Sapporo Dome.

The Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes and Orix BlueWave merged to become the Orix Buffaloes before 2005, and split time between the two teams' former stadiums, mostly playing in the Osaka Dome. Not sure if that counts either, since the Buffaloes played there before the merge anyway.

The Rakuten Golden Eagles were the expansion team in 2005, "moving into" Fullcast Miyagi stadium, which has been around since 1950, but was renovated for their occupancy.
[ Author: ulysses919 | Posted: Jan 23, 2007 12:06 AM ]

I see, thanks. What about the Softbank Hawks? When did they open the Fukuoka Dome?
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jan 23, 2007 2:41 AM | HAN Fan ]

The Fukuoka Dome opened on March 31, 1993. The present name is Yahoo Dome.

A good site is the Japan Times Ball Park Guide.
[ Author: ulysses919 | Posted: Jan 24, 2007 4:11 AM ]

Ah, great. Thanks very much.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.