Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2007 Schedules

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
2007 Schedules
Hi Mr. Westbay,

I was wondering if you have have printable schedules available. I try to print the current pages and it just doesn't work out very well.

Thanks!
Comments
Re: 2007 Schedules
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 1, 2007 3:19 PM | YBS Fan ]

How would being able to print them from a spreadsheet sound? Great? Well, revisit the teams page and click on the "CSV" link next to the schedule for your favorite team. You can either cut and paste the data from there into your spreadsheet, or download all the teams and open them in a spreadsheet as your leisure.

By providing the raw data, I'm hoping that someone out there with better design sense than me can take it and turn it into PDF formatted pocket schedules for all of the teams. Is anyone up to that challenge?

Also note that this should make it easier to double check the schedules against the official schedules in Japanese. If anyone catches any errors, please notify me.
[ Author: vadim72 | Posted: Feb 1, 2007 10:00 PM ]

Wow Michael, this is great! Thanks so much for the CSVs.
[ Author: Rokko Oroshi | Posted: Feb 23, 2007 7:03 AM | HT Fan ]

The 2007 schedules in .pdf format (including "pocket" schedules) can also be found in the "Administrative Forum" on this thread.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 1, 2007 11:04 PM ]

I forgot to ask, the schedule looks like it includes spring training games. Does the schedule also include scheduled make up games for rainouts?

I'm just trying to figure out how many games each league is playing this year. Thanks!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 2, 2007 12:09 AM | YBS Fan ]

Yes, the "OS" are "open-sen" or pre-season games.

No, the scheduled makeup games are excluded from the schedules I made. They are available on the official site (linked to above) in Japanese. (I notice that the note saying that 4 Central League games were unscheduled is gone. Now I'll need to track down where they were added.)

This press release (in Japanese) states that both leagues will play 144 games in 2007, including 2 home games and 2 visitor games against each opposing league opponents for inter-league play.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: vadim72 | Posted: Feb 2, 2007 9:46 AM ]

Thanks again, that helped a lot.

However, unless I'm missing something, I'm counting a total of 142 games for the Central League teams; Pacific has 144 per team.
[ Author: Jo Nathan | Posted: Feb 3, 2007 8:03 AM | SL Fan ]

Can someone please explain how the post season works and is the a World Series in Japan?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Feb 3, 2007 9:31 AM | SFT Fan ]

- Can someone please explain how the post season works and is the a World Series in Japan?

There are three teams from both divisions who make the playoffs. The first place teams get a first round bye. The second and third face off in the first round, then the winner of that plays for the league championship. Finally, the winner advances to the Nippon Series (the NPB World Series).
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.