Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japan Minor Leagues?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Japan Minor Leagues?
I'm curious. I know about the Central and Pacific Leagues, but are there minor leagues in Japan? And if so, how many and what are they called? Are they structured like the farm system in the United States?
Comments
Re: Japan Minor Leagues?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 12, 2003 4:15 PM | YBS Fan ]

The two minor leagues are the Eastern and Western Leagues. The Eastern League consists of teams owned by the six teams located in the Kanto Area (Tokyo, Yokohama, Chiba, and Saitama). The Western League consists of teams owned by the remaining six teams. (Nippon Ham will still be in the Eastern League after their move to Hokkaido next year.)

Much of what you're looking for is already commented on in this thread, and in this reply to another thread.

Feel free to ask more questions after reviewing these two threads.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.