Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Late 1980's Tigers Uniforms

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Late 1980's Tigers Uniforms
Hi

I spent two years in Misawa, in Aomori Prefecture, from 1988-90 courtesy of the US Navy. I brought back a Hanshin Tigers cap with me (which I can no longer find - very upsetting to me). It was white w/black pinstripes and the Hanshin "HT" logo in black. Nothing like the current cap. Was that the actual cap worn by Hanshin during that time frame, or was what I had a novelty-type cap?

I bought the cap because the bartender at a club I frequented off-base was a big Hanshin fan and we used to compare them with the Cubs (my team).

Thanks in advance for info. I miss the Japanese people, some of the friendliest you could ask to meet.

Todd
Indianapolis
Comments
Re: Late 1980's Tigers Uniforms
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Oct 24, 2003 2:16 PM | HT Fan ]

Yes, that cap was worn for home games until about 1999 if I'm not mistaken. Then they changed completely to the black cap they wear now (before worn only on the road).

I believe they're still sold at Hanshin Department Store in Osaka.
[ Author: Guest: Todd | Posted: Oct 25, 2003 8:54 AM ]

Thank you very much for the info! I have looked and looked for that cap, cannot find it. I am going to replace it, will probably order the black one off a web site I found. Unless anyone knows of any English-language sites that would sell the old-style Hanshin cap? (I did a Google search for Hanshin Department Store and it looks like they do not have an English site).

Thanks again for info. I am rooting for Hanshin in the Japan Series.
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Oct 26, 2003 1:28 AM | HT Fan ]

Have you tried YakyuShop?
[ Author: Guest: Todd | Posted: Oct 27, 2003 10:17 AM ]

Yes, that's the site I am going to order the newer black cap from.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.