Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Luis Gonzalez Stats?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Luis Gonzalez Stats?
I am trying to find 2007 stats for Luis Gonzalez of the Yomiuri Giants. I do not speak or read Japanese, but am in dire need of his performance this season. In particular, I would like to know Games, ABs, AVG, HRs, BBs, OBP, Runs, Hits, and Errors. Any help is appreciated.
Comments
Re: Luis Gonzalez Stats?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 3, 2007 9:00 AM | YBS Fan ]

I see that I had his status wrong on his player page. It now reflects that he's been at ni-gun (the farm team) since April 6 due to pain in the back of his left hand.

During the short time that Gonzalez was active with the Giants, he played in 4 games, had 3 hits in 14 at bats for a .214 average with 1 home run, no walks (but was hit by a pitch), reached base .267 of the time, scored twice while driving in just 1, and committed no errors.

The Giants are currently in first place without Gonzalez in the lineup, so I doubt if there will be any major changes to the team any time soon (other than the usual interchange of pitchers).

Wish I had better news for you.
[ Author: Guest: Guest | Posted: May 7, 2007 12:08 PM ]

Thanks. I see that he was activated. I managed to translate his Nippon stats page on my computer, but the stat titles make no sense as they are apparently very literal translations (Google apparently hasn't solved all the world's communication issues just yet). Do you have any idea what the titles below might correspond to in English stat titles? Two base hitting and three base hitting are obviously doubles and triples. And, based on your response, I think "Book Base Hitting" is HRs and "Hitting Number" is ABs. But the others I have absolutely no clue as to how to read them. Any help is, again, greatly appreciated.
  • Test Combination
  • Hitting Number
  • Profit Point
  • It is cheap Hitting
  • Two Base Hitting
  • Three Base Hitting
  • Book Base Hitting
  • Hitting Point
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 7, 2007 12:28 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'm trying to reverse translate these into Japanese. Posting the Japanese would have been a lot easier. Still, here goes:
  • Test Combination - 試合 - Games
  • Hitting Number - 打数 - At Bats
  • Profit Point - 得点 - Runs Scored
  • It is cheap Hitting - 安打 - Hits (includes doubles, triples, HRs)
  • Two Base Hitting - 二塁打 - Doubles
  • Three Base Hitting - 三塁打 - Triples
  • Book Base Hitting - 本塁打 - Home Runs
  • Hitting Point - 打点 - RBIs
I think I had a translation of all of the headers posted once before. This would probably be a good addition to the FAQ.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.