Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Nagoya Card Shops

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Nagoya Card Shops
How can I possibly obtain a listing of sports card shops located in Nagoya? I will be traveling there in a few weeks and would like to go to 2 or 3 if possible. (I have already been to the one I believe is on the 6th floor of Parco).

Please email me or post here. Thanks in advance!

andy_124 at hotmail d0t com
Comments
Re: Nagoya Card Shops
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jan 31, 2004 1:10 AM | HAN Fan ]

I don't have the name or addresses of card shops in Nagoya, but you can card BBM and other brand boxes and packs at most major department stores' toy sections and Circle K type convenience stores.

Also look for Calbees and other food related card inserts in grocery stores.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 31, 2004 11:19 AM ]

Kiyoshi-san:

Thank you but I would be looking for cards not from the present era - that is why I asked for shops. I thank you for your response!

Does anyone have info for Nagoya, or is there a Nagoya phone book on line (English or Japanese)?
[ Author: Guest: Adam Coleman | Posted: Jun 3, 2004 8:36 PM ]

I hope this can help. I returned to Australia after a week in Tokyo just 3 weeks ago (my first trip to Japan, saw the May 11 game at Tokyo Dome - Giants vs Tigers, excellent game. 7-6 to the Tigers. Even bought a cheap replica jersey of Giants' right fielder #24 Shidonobu Takahashi from the Giants' shop inside the Dome), and I'm desperate to buy some more cards now.

I found a web site for a chain of 3 stores called "Card Fanatic," who has stores in Shibuya, Yokohama, and, lo-and-behold, Nagoya. [Link - CardFanatic.co.jp] Their e-mail would be nagoya at cardfanatic d0t co d0t jp. I've just sent the three stores an e-mail in broken Japanese (I had to go to a book store, and jot key phrases down) hoping someone at one of the three stores knows English so I can buy some boxes of BBM and other stuff off them.

Otherwise, there are a few US-based shops that sell them, but the mark-up can be a bit expensive (about 30-50% from what I've seen).

Best of luck with your search!

ADAM COLEMAN
Brisbane, Australia
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.