Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Nippon Professional Baseball Posters?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Nippon Professional Baseball Posters?
Where can I find Japanese baseball posters?
Comments
Re: Nippon Professional Baseball Posters?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 24, 2007 10:00 AM | YBS Fan ]

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen posters for sale. There are laminated B5 sized writing cards (a stiff card to put under your current sheet of paper in a notebook) that is kind of like a poster, and arguably more practical. I guess that's another item that the teams don't capitalize on.

Where I have seen posters is in sports stores. They have many posters of players advertising Mizuno, Nike, Adidas, etc. I suppose you can ask the store keepers if they have some old ones in storage.

You can also send a message to the YakyuShop and ask. They have the connections to find out if such products exist and know how to distribute them if they do.

I suppose that if you wanted a particular photo for personal use, sending Deanna a poster printer and some kind words about her photography might get something worked out.
Re: Nippon Professional Baseball Posters?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jun 25, 2007 5:52 AM | NIP Fan ]

Errr... I don't know if I have that many pictures that would make good posters, but I do have higher-quality versions of everything that I put up on my photo pages that could probably be printed out at a reasonable size, if someone wanted to try to do that. Maybe I'll see if I can make a nice poster of Yokohama Stadium and send it to Westbay.

I actually have a few of those B5 writing cards, and I put them up on my wall when I made my Fighters Shrine before the Japan Series last fall. They look cool, but not as cool as a real poster would. (The "posters" in that picture are actually a playoff placard and a Fighters 2006 wall calendar that Darvish was conveniently on the October page for - team wall calendars actually make pretty nice posters in general, though I'm not actually sure how you can get them if you're not either in Japan or specifically at the team's home stadium or team store.)

Some of the teams put tear-out foldout player posters in their team magazines. They're not huge, but it's usually something cool that you could put up on your wall, and you have to buy the magazine to get the poster inside it. (Or in my case, at one point I bought a Tigers magazine and they just gave me a Shinobu Fukuhara poster.)

Several years ago I used to just put up magazine pages of NPB players on my wall in lieu of real posters. Sportiva and Number magazines actually have some great full-page shots that look pretty cool that way, and sometimes they'll even have little photobook inserts.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.