Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hirotoshi Ishii?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Hirotoshi Ishii?
Does anyone have any idea what's going on with Hirotoshi Ishii? Has he played at all this year?
Comments
Re: Hirotoshi Ishii?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Aug 1, 2007 9:21 AM | SFT Fan ]

Ishii out for the season with major surgery which could keep him out until sometime next season. He hasn't played a single game all year.
Re: Hirotoshi Ishii?
[ Author: Guest: Rob Fidler | Posted: Aug 2, 2007 7:30 AM ]

Ah, thank you very much. Do you know what the injury is? Is it the same thing he missed most of last year for?
Ryota Igarashi?
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Aug 3, 2007 12:42 AM | HT Fan ]

I'd like to ask the same thing about Swallows firebrand Ryota Igarashi. His page says he is in ni-gun, and I think I heard something on TV about him being injured.

Could someone in the know please tell me the latest about him?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Ryota Igarashi?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 3, 2007 8:07 AM | YBS Fan ]

According to this fan site Igarashi had his elbow operated on this past off season for a torn ligament in his elbow.
Re: Ryota Igarashi?
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Aug 5, 2007 9:20 AM | HT Fan ]

Thanks for that.

Igarashi throws hard so I guess an arm injury was inevitable. The site you linked to says a 2007 return for Igarashi is unlikely, and that's a real pity; I like that guy.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.