Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kyoto-Kobe by train?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Kyoto-Kobe by train?
Hi,

I am going to the game at Yahoo BB on April 11. What is the best way to reach the stadium from Kyoto via train/subway? Thanks for any help you can offer me.

Frank
Comments
Re: Kyoto-Kobe by train?
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: Apr 3, 2004 4:02 AM | HT Fan ]

It'll be a long ride.

The fastest way would be to take the Shinkansen from Kyoto to Shin-Kobe, then head down to Sannomiya, and go from there.

If you don't want to blow all the cash though, get yourself to Osaka/Umeda station, then take the Hankyu line to Sannomiya.

At Sannomiya, change to the Kobe City Subway Line (
Re: Kyoto-Kobe by train?
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Apr 4, 2004 12:43 AM ]

I believe this is the best balance between price and time:

I don't know how close you are to the JR line in Kyoto, but the best way to go is to go from the JR Kyoto Station to the JR Sannomiya Station. JR has many lines/routes, and the one you will be taking is the "JR Kyoto Line" which will take you directly to Sannomiya. Make sure you take the Shinkaisoku it will get you there the fastest. At Sannomiya, you can switch to the Kobe City Subway. You take that train from Sannomiya to Sogo Undo Koen.

I hope this helps. Also, here is a link to the JR Kyoto Station in English. It is very detailed and useful.

Hope you enjoy your game!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.