Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pete Walker

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Pete Walker
I would like information on Pete Walker. I am from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. When he was with the Toronto Blue Jays I always talked with him. I am a big fan. I would like to know how he is doing, but I can not find his name.
Comments
Re: Pete Walker
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 3, 2004 4:46 PM ]

Pete Walker just pitched wonderfully for the Yokohama BayStars. I don't remember exactly, but he pitched between 6-7 innings, letting in only one run. He left the game with a lead, but just five minutes ago Eddie Gaillard blew the lead by giving up a three run home run to Alex Ramirez. Walker's first win in Japan obviously won't be coming today.

Although he didn't get the win, he pitched amazing, especially impressing the commentators with his control and breaking balls. As I write this, there is one out left for the Yakult Swallows to win the game 4-3.
[ Author: Guest: Carrie-Ann Talbot | Posted: Apr 11, 2004 2:16 PM ]

What is up with Pete Walker? Is he pitching good? How is he doing? I would like to see his name with the players. Is he a starter or is he in the bullpen?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 11, 2004 7:19 PM | YBS Fan ]

OK. I've added him to the Player Meikan here. I haven't yet tracked down his salary for 2004.

As for how he's doing, he was hit hard the second time through the lineup a couple of days ago to be tagged for the loss. Walker didn't figure in the decision for his first game, mentioned above.
[ Author: Guest: Carrie-Ann Talbot | Posted: Apr 26, 2004 1:22 PM ]

Can someone keep me informed on how Pete Walker is doing?
Walker Update
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 27, 2004 9:44 PM | YBS Fan ]

He pitched last week against the Giants. Pete gave up a few runs, then the BayStars came back to win the game after he left, so he wasn't involved in the decision. He pitched pretty well after a very shaky second inning, allowing only one run while stranding the bases loaded. Solo home runs in the first and fourth accounted for the other two runs given up.

Walker currently is 0 and 1 with a 6.38 ERA.
Re: Walker Update
[ Author: Guest: Carrie-Ann Talbot | Posted: May 12, 2004 1:17 PM ]

Information on how Pete Walker is now? I am going to send you information about Pete Walker that I know in the next few days.
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: May 13, 2004 3:54 AM | HT Fan ]

Why don't you check the BayStars' stats section on this site? There's a link to it in the upper-lefthand corner of the top page.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 13, 2004 7:32 AM | YBS Fan ]

Not good news.

He was knocked out after giving up 3 home runs in four innings (1 in the first, 2 in the fourth) for 4 runs on 5 hits. Walker's ERA was raised to 5.70 and he tied for first in home runs given up at 10. Yokohama lost the game 4-1.
[ Author: Guest: habs | Posted: May 13, 2004 10:27 AM ]

Westbaystars found out for me that Pete pitches on Tuesday or Wednesdays. The Borisov-san's Pro Yakyu link from this home page here also will give you the box scores in English. Westbaystars gives excellent information also. Maybe with some luck Pete's rotation will come around to Sunday and westbaystars can do the game. Is there a Sunday game this week?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 13, 2004 11:03 AM | YBS Fan ]

- Is there a Sunday game this week?

Yes, I'll be home this Sunday to do the Game of the Week. Sorry about last week. As fanatical as I am about baseball, spending Mothers' Day with family (and friends) kind of takes presidence. I don't know if there is anything planned for Father's day next month, yet.
Is Pete Walker still playing with Yokohama?
[ Author: Guest: Hal | Posted: Sep 23, 2004 11:46 PM ]

I can't find any stats on him over the past 2 months.
Re: Is Pete Walker still playing with Yokohama?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 24, 2004 1:53 PM | YBS Fan ]

That's because he hasn't played for at least the last two months. He was dropped down to ni-gun (the farm team) and hasn't been heard from since. My only guess is that he hasn't performed well enough to get the call back up.

Cedric Bowers took Walker's place at ichi-gun, and has perfermed very well.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.