Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

When is the NPB Baseball Draft?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
When is the NPB Baseball Draft?
Hey commish, when is the baseball draft? I seem to recall it is near the end of the season. Or is it in the off-season? I can't seem to remember. Also, is there a website which will show the hot prospects in this years draft? Thanks.
Comments
Re: When is the NPB Baseball Draft?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Sep 13, 2007 10:39 AM | SFT Fan ]

This topic should give you an idea of when the draft occurs.

There are two different drafts that take place in NPB: the high school draft and the amateur draft.

Some of the biggest names this year include Sho Nakata, Yoshinori Satoh, and Atori Ohta.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Sep 14, 2007 12:32 AM | NIP Fan ]

Mmm, I don't know about a website, but the 9/17 printed issue of Shukan Baseball has a whole bunch of interesting stuff for the high school draft. The four guys they did big articles on were Sho Nakata, Yoshinori Satoh, and Yuuki Karakawa (from Narita), and Daisuke Fujimura (from Kumamoto Kogyo).

Yoshinori Satoh is apparently the "Karaoke Oji" according to his teammates. I worry about this trend sometimes.
[ Author: Guest: Dylan | Posted: Sep 21, 2007 10:27 PM ]

The High School draft is held on October 3, 2007 on Fuji TV at 2:07pm and SkyA at 2:00pm. The College/Industrial draft is November 19, 2007.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.